A representative sample of IT Value Optimization focus areas included:
- Managed the Workforce Optimization program for a top financial market data firm that yielded a $96M annualized save
- Restructured an IT Risk Management function & framework for a highly regulated Fortune 250 firm that led to the closing of over 120 Audits and Regulatory findings
- Transitioned 9 siloed Quality Assurance areas into an award-winning Quality Engineering organization with cutting-edge services & frameworks, leading to < .5% defect leakage
- Designed and implement a Change & Problem Management strategy that helped reduce Productions outages by 38%
- Reduced operating expenses by $8M for a long-term healthcare provider by successfully leading, training, and building an IT infrastructure team from scratch
- Assessed, developed, and designed an organizational change model, resulting in effectively preparing the organization for doubling its size through 3 mergers in less than a year
- Led timely integration of business applications and processes for major mergers and acquisitions, including design and delivery of enterprise-wide Organizational Change Management and communications programs
- Established and led an IT Finance and Contract Administration Office with an annual spend of approximately $50M plus project portfolio, including an $80M multi-year ERP program
- Facilitated the development of an IT Asset Management methodology and created the strategy, roadmap and business case for implementation of an ITAM program at a global engineering and construction firm
IT Value Spend Analysis
Analysis of IT spend on people, processes and / or technology with data-backed recommendations on where to cut, reduce, consolidate, or invest for long-term gain. Sample areas may include contracts, infrastructure usage, tools, application deep-dives, process automation and more
IT Management Policies, Standards & Procedures
Provides an inventory of IT policies, standards & procedures, their location, format, ownership and associated training & assessments. This is followed by creating a consistent approach for building, formatting, communicating, and storing the artefacts as well as measuring compliance & tracking attestation.
IT Risk Management
Helps establish or enhance the IT Risk Management function including Org design and the framework for identifying, assessing & reporting on non-financial & emerging IT risks, tolerance levels, Audit tracking & response, management action plans (MAPs) and measuring compliance to policy
Mergers and Acquisitions
Program Management for structuring IT pre and / or post close of a merger or acquisition. Considers cost analysis, objectives & associated accountabilities, timing, risk registers, organizational design, business processes, integration, transition, communications & more.
Assessment of a current organization’s structure and based on Business needs, set-up of a new model with clearly identified roles & responsibilities. Considers spans & layers, flat vs. matrix, central vs. decentral & chain of command. Can be executed at a functional, division or corporate-wide level.
IT Organizational Change Management (OCM)
Focused on people, a framework is designed to ensure an organization can manage the impact of new business processes, IT systems, and / or changes in organizational structure with minimal resistance and disruption of service. Coaching and / or training can be provided at an extra cost.
Quality Engineering (QE)
Provides analysis of the Testing landscape followed by a plan for running an advanced QE function that mitigates risk & optimizes costs. Includes Org design, service & framework design (e.g., automation, data, performance, environment), methodology, tools, vendor governance, policy, KPIs & more.
IT Change Management
Provides analysis of the Change Management function & processes plus an improvement plan for increasing efficiency & reducing outages based on output. Assesses elements such as CAB structure, change types & risk, change windows, approval levels & groups, outage themes, tools and more.
IT Incident & Problem Management
Provides analysis and an improvement plan for ensuring incidents & problems are appropriately captured, tracked, communicated & resolved in minimal time to reduce risk. Looks at Incident & Problem trends, severity levels, root-cause analysis, time & cost to resolve, tools and more.